Urgent Care Centres
There is currently a network of centres across the East Riding, opening at different times and offering different services.
The Driffield and Withernsea units will become appointment-only centres for “low-level” minor injuries, opening from 8am to 8pm, seven days a week. A new 8am-8pm unit will also open in Hessle.
What hours can people attend?
All three urgent care centres will open from 7am to 11pm, seven days a week, operating as a walk-in facility with no need to book in advance providing the same treatment and care will be available at whichever centre you visit.
What assessment and treatment services will be provided ?
- Traumatic injuries, broken bones and sports injuries
- Respiratory and chest complaints
- General ear, nose and throat conditions
- Back, head and neck injuries and whiplash
- Cuts, wounds, burns and scalds
- Minor eye injury
- Insect and animal bites
- Minor surgery
What other health services will be available?
- Community and primary care
- Crisis support for mental health issues
- General practice
- Physiotherapy and occupational therapy
- Social care services
- Voluntary and community services
What supporting services will be on offer ?
- Diagnostics (blood tests, x-ray, ultrasound)
- Plaster casts for broken bones
- Non-medical prescribing
- Radiological imaging